Life, especially our love lives, can be overwhelming. Sometimes you’re happy and carefree, and sometimes you’re struggling to get through the day. Have you ever considered how those ups and downs could help you find more love in your life? Have you ever considered how they might help other people find strong and stable love in their lives?
The I believe in Love project is a place for real people to tell real stories about real love. We share our personal successes, failures, joys and sufferings when it comes to dating, sex, marriage and family, to help others and ourselves learn from our experiences. No previous writing experience is necessary. We’re about empowering YOU to share your YOUR story about growing in love.
Storyteller Madeleine L’Engle once said “stories make us more alive, more human, more courageous, more loving.” You have stories in your life that make you more alive, more human, more courageous, and more loving. We believe those stories are meant to be shared with the world—so that someone else might be inspired to be more alive, more human, more courageous, more loving.
HOW IT WORKS
Story editors work with storytellers to write for I Believe in Love regularly (once or twice a month). The editor will meet with the storyteller once a month to help the writer develop their stories about their life experience and dreams about lasting love using resources provided by iBiL national staff. Storytellers and editors who participate in the program are compensated.
Why be an editor?
- Join a community of committed grassroots advocates devoted to building stronger marriages by helping others share their stories about love.
- Develop friendships with individuals whose life experiences surrounding dating, marriage, and family may differ from yours.
- Receive editing training from iBiL national staff.
- Some prior writing or editing experience is preferred.
- A chance to be a paid editor.
- Must be committed to the iBiL mission statement.
Why be a storyteller?
- Participate in a yearlong journey that will help you reflect on your experiences and share them with others.
- Become part of a supportive community of writers growing in love together.
- Develop friendships with individuals whose life experience surrounding dating, marriage, and family may differ from yours.
- A chance to be a paid, published writer.
- Receive training to be a better writer, a better communicator.
- The only qualification is that you be a young person (18-35) committed to learning what it means to Believe in Love.
If you are interested in becoming an editor, please click here to apply to be an iBiL story editor. iBiL national staff will give you tips on how to find writers and develop their stories.
Join us as we tell a better story of lasting love in America!